Although we do not relate it, a proper rest is essential to lose weight fast and avoid health problems. At night, try to sleep more than 6 hours, without interruptions.
Losing weight fast and without putting your health at risk is easier than we think. There is no need for strange remedies, nor intense sessions in the gym, nor even less to eat less than the body needs. Above all, this goal involves changing habits. It may come as a surprise, but our lifestyles and eating habits are the results of a type of culture and even education that we are not always aware of.
Likewise, it takes willpower to be aware of these aspects and dare to change them successfully. In principle, not everyone has this willpower. There are times when restricting sugar consumption requires something as simple as not buying sugar anymore. Doing it and sticking to it also requires the support of the family.
Another aspect that we should integrate into our mindset is that a diet should not be a “temporary thing”. In order to maintain our ideal weight, the most positive thing is to integrate a healthy way of eating on a daily basis, and not in specific periods when we accumulate a few extra kilos. Eating well is an obligation, not a temporary option.
Tips for fast and healthy weight loss
Below, we reveal 7 keys to know how to lose weight quickly but at the same time, healthy and recommended.
In order to lose weight healthily, it is necessary, first of all, to undergo a medical check-up.
Sometimes, having gained a few extra kilos may be due to very specific diseases such as for example, hypothyroidism.
- When starting any diet it is a priority that doctors inform us about such basic indicators as the level of cholesterol, sugar, the parameters of our blood pressure…
- To lose weight fast we will have to do sport. In order to avoid unnecessary risks, it is advisable to rule out heart problems. Or even simple anemia that will make us feel more tired than usual. Keep in mind that exercise has proven to be the most useful tool for improving body composition.
So, do not hesitate: have a simple check-up and, when you have your doctor’s approval, start with the rest of the advice.
A glass of warm water with lemon as soon as you wake up.
We know that this simple tip is already familiar to you. What’s more, it’s quite possible that you already apply it on a daily basis.
- In any case, starting the day with a glass of warm water with lemon on an empty stomach is a fabulous way to purify toxins. That is, you help to take care of the liver, regulate constipation and prepare the body for a healthy diet.
- If you think that the juice of a whole lemon is too intense for you, do not hesitate to reduce the amount according to your own tolerance.
You may be interested in: 7 light but powerful breakfasts to start the day with energy (without starving)
1o minutes of exercise before breakfast
Once we have drunk that glass of warm water with lemon, we will start a simple aerobic exercise routine.
- It is a very ideal time to move the body and thus promote fat loss.
- Our insulin level is a little lower than normal and, therefore, the energy we use to exercise will be obtained directly from stored fat deposits.
- Just do 10 minutes of walking and vary the type of exercise every day: push-ups, squats, dancing or even yoga, whatever you prefer.
Oatmeal in your breakfast
Oatmeal is one of the best foods to start the day. It is also essential that this first meal of the day be varied and balanced.
- To lose weight fast, the last thing we should do is skip meals. In that case, what we would get would be a much slower metabolism, experience dangerous low blood sugar and arrive at the main meal of the day too hungry.
- However, something as simple as preparing a good bowl of oatmeal will provide us with a perfect intake of fiber and minerals (such as iron, sodium, zinc, magnesium, potassium or folic acid).
- According to a study published in The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, the fiber in oatmeal is able to have a positive impact on the microbiota, improving its state of health.
- Likewise, thanks to omega-6 fatty acids or linoleic acid, we are able to regulate cholesterol.
Consume natural foods and completely restrict processed foods.
This advice is undoubtedly the most difficult to implement. It will be because it implies the following:
- We should always consume fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid all kinds of sweets, pastries, salt, refined flours, pickles or snacks.
- We should replace refined flour bread with whole grain bread.
- Pasta, as well as rice, should be whole grain.
- Sauces like mayonnaise, ketchup, and cheese spreads should be avoided
- Say goodbye to carbonated beverages, as well as bottled juices: consume only natural beverages.
- Keep in mind that most of these products contain trans fats in their composition, foods that are capable of increasing the risk of disease according to the most recent scientific evidence.
Exercise divided into two half-hour sessions
If the goal is to lose weight fast, we must exercise. However, rather than getting tired in a one-hour session, the ideal is to spread out our exercise plan at different times of the day:
- As soon as we get up, a 10-minute session.
- At noon we will establish an exercise routine of 20 minutes (if they are of high intensity the effect will be healthier).
- In the afternoon, and thus avoiding the central hours of the sun, it would be ideal to go for a walk or run. Half an hour is enough.
Be careful, it is necessary to sleep more than 6 hours a night
Many people may be surprised to know that sleeping less than 6 hours on a regular basis causes us to gain weight and raises our risk of diabetes.
- If this is your case, if you suffer from chronic insomnia, consult your doctor for a strategy to obtain a deep and restful rest.
- Sleeping between 7 and 8 hours will make the body carry out the basic functions of purification to take care of the metabolism and thus promote faster weight loss.
It is possible to lose weight in a healthy way
We encourage you to put into practice the advice given here. Sometimes, it is enough to lead a healthy life to lose those extra kilos. Keep in mind that this will significantly improve your health, reducing the risk of developing complex pathologies in the medium and long term.
You might be interested in…